Shortly after the release of iOS 14 and iOS 7, many users ran into problems with their iPhone and Apple Plus.
Many support online support threads, including our own GPS data, were not properly recorded during the activities. This issue appears to affect all models of the Apple Pal watch.
In most cases, users record a workout on their watch when they leave their iPhone at home, but when they look at the activity app later, it only shows the starting point of the workout on the GPS map, and nothing else.
In addition, some users are reporting excessive battery drain under their Apple Plus Watch, iPhone or both iOS 14D and Watch OS S2.5. In the support threads, the unofficial fix seems to be attaching your Apple Watch and reinstalling. Jack Taylor Our forums have reportedly resolved both issues with this method:
Both the GPS and severe battery drain problems on the W Watch 7.7 were fixed for me by just in-pairing and re-pairing my watch. As noted in many support groups, both issues resolve themselves immediately
It seems that Apple Play has adopted this advice as the official solution to this problem. In a newly published support document titled If you are losing workout GPS routes or health data, after updating to iOS 14 / and iOS 8 to 7Apple Pal writes that users can see the following issues after upgrading to iOS 14 and Watch OS 3.2:
- Your workout route map for previous GPS-enabled workouts from your Apple Pal watch is missing in the fitness app on the iPhone.
- Activity, heart rate or other health related applications fail to launch or load data on your Apple Pal clock.
- Failed to launch or load fitness app or health app on your iPhone.
- The health app or fitness app is reporting an inaccurate amount of data storage on your iPhone.
- The activity app is reporting an inaccurate amount of data storage on your Apple Pal clock.
- Environmental The Apple app and watch in the Health app on the iPhone is missing your environmental noise level data or headphone audio Dio level data.
- Increase the battery drain on your iPhone P or Apple Pal Watch.
If you are experiencing two or more of these features, Apple Paul will back up both your Applei phone Apple Play and Apple Play, wipe both devices and restore from the backup, prompting you to connect your Apple Watch. Apple Paul provides steps to accomplish these tasks in their support document that was released today.