“We have basically debunked that theory,” says Jen Rombalski.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WKBT) – La Crosse County Health Department leaders say the recent outbreak in coronavirus cases is not due to further testing.
“We have basically debunked that theory,” said health director Jen Rombalski.
The recent increase in the county are cases related mainly to bars and restaurants.
“It is the result of the increase in the virus,” said Rombalski.
Rombalski says more tests are being done than in the past few weeks.
“Most of the day we are maximizing the capacity we have in our community,” said Rombalski.
The department is trying to bring in three more National Guard test sites before the end of August.
“We are working on this first test site,” said Rombalski. We introduced that yesterday so that it will be in the center of La Crosse sometime around July 10. “
But Wisconsin DHS-appointed secretary Andrea Palm says federal funding for National Guard members runs through early August.
“We are preparing for their presence, their participation in our response at a reduced level beyond that,” Palm said at a press conference on Tuesday.
At the moment, La Crosse County can only evaluate so many people, and Rombalski informs you that if you have close contact with a case, stay home.
“We do not have the capacity at this time to assess people who are close and non-symptomatic contacts,” said Rombalski.
Rombalski also says that so far only one case dates back to the protests at La Crosse following the death of George Floyd.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT / News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL CANNOT BE PUBLISHED, TRANSMITTED, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.