- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are being criticized for wearing a crown as part of their official monogram, even though other non-working royalty is doing the same.
- Royal fans on Twitter have said that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry should not be allowed to wear the crown because they renounced their royal duties earlier this year.
- However, Richard Fitzwilliams, a royal commentator, told Insider that the couple still have the right to wear the crown because Harry is the heir’s apparent son.
- Other non-working royalty, such as Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, also wear crowns for their monograms.
- Visit the Insider home page for more stories.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been criticized for continuing to wear a crown logo after leaving the royal family.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been wearing the crown as part of their monogram since they got married in 2018, and it has stayed on their website, sussexroyal.com, since they announced plans to resign in January 2020.
However, criticism only emerged last week, when the charity Street Games published a letter sent by Harry and Markle with the monogram on Twitter.
—StreetGames (@StreetGames) June 21, 2020
“I still wear the logo! What don’t you understand about your departure from Royal Life? Do you still want the benefits without any work?” one person wrote on Twitter in response to the letter.
Another person wrote, “If you want to go, go,” while another said, “Harry walked away from everything real, which includes the crown logo. Meghan was never real.”
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said the couple has the right to continue to wear the crown logo because Harry is the son of the apparent heir, Prince Charles.
“I think the use of sussexroyal.com, which remains the link to their website, is because they have not yet been able to launch their charitable non-profit organization Archewell due to the pandemic,” said Fitzwilliams, former editor. from “The International Who’s Who,” Insider said.
“They have the right to wear the crown as Harry is the son of an apparent heir and Meghan was also assigned a crown for her marriage,” he said.
The couple announced that they would no longer use the Sussex Royal name as part of their brand after resigning from their job roles earlier this year. However, it was not mentioned whether its official logo would change in the future.
It is not unusual for non-working royalty to wear crowns in their monograms, as noted by a real observer on Twitter.
—Agathe de Lili (@AgathedeLili) June 22, 2020
Prince Harry’s cousin, Princess Eugenie, and her husband Jack Brooksbank have never worked for royalty, but they also wear a crown logo, and Eugenie has retained her SAR title, unlike Harry and Markle.
Eugenia’s sister Princess Beatriz and her fiance, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, also wear a crown logo.
Stop blaming Meghan Markle: Prince Harry planned his departure from the royal family long before they met
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reportedly dropped the queen’s lawyers, and it could indicate that they are trying to distance themselves from the monarchy.
How to Make Prince Harry and Prince William’s Favorite Macaroni and Cheese Recipe at Home