Former Tennessee Titans O-Lineman Isaiah Wills charged after high-speed chase in January

Former Tennessee Titans offensive lineman Isaiah Wilson was arrested Jan. 7 in Georgia after being chased by a high-speed car and charged with multiple felony counts.

An officer was operating a stationary radar system on University Parkway when he saw a dark-colored Dodge Charger zoom in on him, according to a report from the Barrow County Sheriff’s Incident Fees.

The vehicle recorded a speed of 123 miles per hour on the radar, allowing the officer to turn on his sirens and start business, the report said. Chase was called in because he had reached a dangerous speed of 140 miles per hour.

Wilson’s car crashed and he was eventually arrested by an undercover ICE officer who witnessed moments of brawl after the chase. The officer arrested Wilson after approaching the car and seeing him standing in the vehicle with the sunroof extended over his torso.

After his capture, Wilson was asked why he ran away from the police. According to the report, he said he had past experiences with law enforcement that scared him and he feared he would go to jail. Wilson also said there was nothing illegal in the vehicle.

A woman identified as Grace Barnett was also in the vehicle and was arrested after a metal grinder with 4.4 grams of marijuana was found in the vehicle, although police said there were no drugs in possession. Both Wilson and Barnett were taken to the Barrow County Detention Center. A small bag containing 0.2 grams of acid was found in Barnett’s purse during the booking process at the jail, the report said.

Wilson was charged with attempting to flee a police officer or speeding into a construction site, reckless driving, reckless conduct, possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana, and possession and use of drug-related substances.

Tennessee traded the Wilson with the seventh-round pick in the 2021 draft last week to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for the seventh-round pick. After the Dolphins forgave Wilson on Saturday, the team decided he would not accept offers to help him.

The Dolphins had little knowledge of Wilson’s January arrest before the trade was finalized, but at the time they were unaware of its full scope, a team source told ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe.

The Titans declined to comment on Wilson’s arrest in January.

Wills has made another run-in with the law since being selected as the 29th pick in the 2020 draft.

The first came when Tennessee state police broke into a campus party attended by Wilson during a training camp. In his report, police documented that Wilson went to the second-floor balcony, where he would soon consider jumping. He received a warning of the allegation.

Wilson was arrested in September and charged with DUI, when he lost control of his vehicle and attacked a concrete wall.

Wilson played only four shots during his rookie season, ending in a non-football injury list in December. Prior to that, Wilson was twice on the reserve / COVID-19 list – during training camp and in October-October.

John Robbins, general manager of the Titans, said during a virtual news conference last month that he had not spoken to Wilson since he was placed on the NFI’s list in December. Robinson suggested that Wilson “needs to make a decision about whether he wants to do what it takes to play pro football.”