Facebook deleted a video of an interview with daughter-in-law President Trump by his daughter-in-law Lara Trump, saying that “any content in Donald Trump’s voice” would be removed from social media platforms.
Facebook permanently banned the former president from his platform in January after the Capitol riots.
On Tuesday, Fox News contributor Lara Trump posted a picture of herself sitting with her father-in-law on Instagram, urging followers to “join us tonight!”
A group of Trump officials sent an email from a Facebook employee, warning that “any content posted on Facebook and Instagram in President Trump’s voice” is not currently allowed on our platform (including new posts by President Trump speaking) and warned K. It “will be removed if additional restrictions are placed on it if posted.”
Trump returns to social media with his own photograph, Advisor says
The guide applies to all campaign accounts and pages, including Team Trump, other campaign messaging vehicles, and former surrogates, on all platforms, Trump’s son Eric Trump said in an email posted on Instagram.
The interview was eventually placed on Lara Trump’s Facebook page, but was later taken down.
“Hi guys,” a Facebook employee wrote to him in an email with the subject line “removing content”.
“We are reaching out to inform you that we have removed content from Lara Trump’s Facebook page that featured President Trump speaking,” the Facebook employee wrote. “With the block that we have placed on Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, more content posted in Donald Trump’s voice will be removed and as a result additional restrictions will be placed on the accounts.”
Lara Trump posted an email on her Instagram.
Familiar sources confirmed the authenticity of the messages to Fox News.
Facebook did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News.
CEO CEO with Mark Zuckerberg. Mark Zuckerberg said the U.S. Facebook will block Trump “indefinitely” after the Jan. 6 riots in the Capitol, he says, adding that “they believe the risks of allowing the president to continue using our service during this period are too great.”
Trump also had a permanent ban on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube after the riots.
Click here to get the Fox News app
But Trump’s senior adviser, Jason Miller, said earlier this month that Trump would return.
“I think we’ll see President Trump return to social media in about two or three months, with his own platform,” Miller told Fox News earlier this month. And this is something that I think will be the hottest ticket on social media, it will give a completely new definition to the game, and everyone will wait and see what President Trump does. “
Miller said he was unable to provide details, but he did disclose that Trump was holding “high-power meetings” with various venture-related teams in March-a-Lago, and that “numerous companies” had approached the former president.
“This new platform is going to get bigger,” Miller said, adding that Trump will “lead millions.”