You probably use Google every day, but did you know the search engine has a bunch of tips and tricks to help you find topics more efficiently. Here’s a few.
1. Use quotation marks to search for an exact word or set of words. This is pretty helpful when you are looking up song lyrics or a phrase or maybe a quote from a book. An example would be: “You can’t always get what you want.”
2. Use the minus (-) sign before a word that you do not want included in a search. For example, sometimes when you search Spurs you can get the information from our team and the soccer club in England. Put a minus (-) sign before Tottenham and you will only get news from our NBA team.
3. Type the word site and then use a colon (site: KSAT.com) to search for something within a specific site. Think of this as a Google search that searches only a particular website.
4. Use two periods between two numbers to search for a range of things. This could be used to search for information or a list about a movie decade, measurements and prices. An example would be: TV shows 1960..1970.
5. if you want the meaning of a word, type define and use a colon (define :). This is basically an online dictionary. Google will even search the web to define slang words or acronyms like LOL (define: LOL).
6. You can play the classic Atari game breakout by searching it on Google. The legendary brick breaker game can be found when you search Atari breakout on Google images.
Copyright 2020 by KSAT – All rights reserved.