XCOM: Chimera Squad it’s a shorter version of a standard XCOM game, with simplified tactical combat and fewer options you’ll have to do at the strategy layer, and still it’s easy to lose control and fail before the end. To help with that, we are going to share some of the best tips to help you complete the campaign.
It’s about prioritizing what’s important and ignoring things that don’t matter. Your first goal on any difficulty is to control your restlessness, choose the right faction to fight immediately, and level up your best teammates. As long as you have four main operators, you can (basically) take on any challenge.
More XCOM: Chimera Squad guides:
Powerful combos | The best skills, weapons and characters | List of all epic weapons and special abilities | How to use cheats | Console Command Guide | “Take Down Atlas” tutorial | Final mission guide
If you intend to crush the campaign, keep these tips in mind. The alien threat is tough, but if you take your time and make the right decisions from the start, you can overcome any challenge.
- Do not select the Sacred coil First! I recommend choosing Progeny -> Gray Phoenix -> Sacred Coil. Sacred Coil is incredibly difficult for your first investigation. Better save them for last.
- Avoid completing purple missions which rewards you with “+2 days towards the Reveal operation”, especially from the beginning. You want to complete as many missions as possible so that your team can be promoted.
- Continue doing quests / earn rewards / get XP until the restlessness level of your main operation reaches red. You can continue to do missions and ignore the main mission without repercussions.
City Map Tips
- Use your intelligence to buy field equipment for each region of the city. You will need to focus primarily on unlocking security gear in order to earn more Intel.
- Start shopping to purchase a Field Kit for each district, then upgrade them all to Tier 2, and finally upgrade them all to Tier 3. Quickly upgrade a district to Tier 3, then focus on vastly improving them.
- You’ll want level 3 field teams of all three types, at least one of each. After that, you will only need a lot of Intel. Intel is used to purchase more field equipment and to purchase items at the Scavenger Market.
- You can get free field equipment as a mission reward, or by completing a specific type of Special Operations. Keep an eye out for those free field teams!
- Investigation Armor updates and upgrades Assembly / Special Operations / Training First.
- You will unlock second slots in the Assembly / Special Operations / Training facility by upgrading your Field Equipment to Level 3.
- Mounting = Rank 3 technical team
- Training = Rank 3 Finance Team
- Special operations = Rank 3 Safety Gear
- Mounting is the most important thing. Start with it: You’ll be able to quickly unlock new armor and other technologies. Save most of your money to buy these Supply upgrades once they’re done.
- Halfway through the game, you can save money and ignore Mastercraft’s weapon projects; instead, use Intel to buy epic weapons or find epic weapons on special missions. They are much more useful.
- Trying to distribute evenly kills. If you have Principles in your mission (higher-ranking agents), try letting the lower-level soldiers score kills. You want to constantly win promotions for as many characters as possible.
- If an agent is seriously injured, it will take two days of training to remove a scar. Scars are usually extremely bad, so take advantage of this time to complete investigations (blue missions) or train alternative characters.
- For main missions, try to bring your main squad. Only trade one (two max.) Lower level Operators if they need to gain XP.
- Many side missions end with endless reinforcements that attack your team. These are generally quite easy to handle. Move all your characters to the evacuation, then fight for as long as possible to get additional kills for promotions.
- Complete the Gray phoenix research to win the Regen fabric. It is extremely good for characters like Axiom or Zephyr. With the Regen Weave equipped with armor, you will regenerate +2 HP at the beginning of each turn.
- the Mobile inductor It is a rare item that you can sometimes earn as a quest reward or find it at the Treasure Market. Buy them! This OP item is a free action, and can be used to give the character an immediate full turn.
- Always be on the lookout for Epic weapons. These weapons have special weapon abilities that are an integral part of the final game. Abilities like Lightning Hands, Rapid Fire, Chain Shot, Banish and more are only available when equipping these weapons. You can shoot down bosses in a single turn.
- Purchase Medi-patch and First aid kits early. Medkits are a free action, and medi-patch allows you to heal everyone at a breaking point before entering a new encounter.
- Mach Weave it is extremely useful at the beginning of the game. With this equipped, you will gain +50 to dodge. Give it to everyone until you think you have found something better.
- Weapon mods like him Values (and especially the Top stock) are incredibly important in taking down pesky enemies with just 1 HP remaining.
Each instance of the campaign is slightly different, so we cannot guide you through the entire game. But, with these general tips in mind, you should be able to beat the odds.