Your PC is nothing without your operating system, and for most devices (approximately Billion to be more precise), that operating system is Windows 10. Windows has been around for so long that even the technically inept should be able to target the latest version. But if you are a tech enthusiast, you don’t just want to be able to use Windows 10; You want to master it. Only then can you enjoy the performance for which your system was created and make the most of what your computer, the ubiquitous operating system and you as a user can do.
We’ve detailed some of the most useful Windows 10 tips and tricks so you can maximize your PC’s relationship to the operating system and make sure it works the way you want with your device. This means tips for maximizing Windows 10 productivity software, momentous Windows 10 tricks that are sure to boost your productivity, Windows 10 troubleshooting tutorials to keep in your pocket, and even answers to questions you’re too afraid to ask.
Windows 10 productivity tips
If you learned the basics of Windows 10 years ago, you might be wondering what we have to offer you. The following are some of our favorite tricks to increase productivity while working with Windows 10. Among the ways to capture screenshots that you may not have thought of and instructions for a DIY SSDThese should help you learn something you didn’t know before.
- How to get Windows 10 free (or less than $ 30)
- 15 Windows tips to help you work faster and smarter
- How to share your Internet connection in Windows using Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- How to free up space in Windows 10 and macOS
- How to turn a Windows 10 PC into a wireless display
- How to use the same keyboard and mouse with 3 or more PCs at the same time
- How to map a network drive in Windows 10
- Five easy ways to capture a screenshot in Windows 10 (also see: How to take a screenshot on a Mac)
- How to get Microsoft Office for free (or less than $ 50)
- How to use XLOOKUP in Excel
- How to shade every other row in Excel / Google Sheets
- How to use an external drive for internal storage
- How to build your own SSD
- Simple RAM overclocking with a few clicks: how to enable XMP
Windows 10 Troubleshooting Tips
If you’re the type of person people call when they can’t get their system to work properly, you’ll want to have a clear idea of all of the following Windows 10 troubleshooting tutorials.
- How to factory reset a Windows 10 PC
- How to start Windows 10 in safe mode
- How to find a MAC address in Windows 10
- How to control the temperature of your CPU
- How to test RAM: Make sure faulty memory doesn’t crash your PC
- How to pause Windows 10 updates
Windows 10 security tips
Windows security is not just something businesses need to worry about. Ordinary users not only need to think about their security on the web, but security at home or in the office can also be a problem if you share a device. For all those things on the family computer that no one else needs to see, the following procedures should help you.
- How to password protect a folder in Windows 10
- How to change your password in Windows 10
Windows 10 tips and tricks: make it yours
Microsoft doesn’t have the last word on how you experience Windows 10. We have step-by-step instructions for adjusting the operating system to your preferences. Maybe the glossy apps make your eyes get tired, you want to change the way your system starts, or you just don’t want to create a Microsoft account. Check out these Windows 10 tips and tricks for help.
- New pc? Change these 13 Windows settings right away
- How to enter the BIOS on any PC: access keys by manufacturer
- How to create a local account in Windows 10
- How to hide the taskbar in Windows 10
- How to format a hard drive with command prompt
- Paint it black: 15 dark mode ways on your PC
- How to change lock screen photos in Windows 10
Windows 10 basic tips and tricks
In the world of technology, it seems that everyone knows everything, but the truth is that nobody knows. If it’s a macOS converter (welcome), you’re coming to Windows 10 from an older version of Windows, looking for a refresher, or just don’t know how to do some basic or introductory tasks in Windows 10, we’ve got you covered.
- How to disable notifications in Windows 10
- How to use Focus Assist to control notifications in Windows 10
- How to enable Bluetooth in Windows 10
- How to set a default printer in Windows 10
- How to get to the desktop in Windows 10