LUCKNOW: The Uttar Pradesh state government has launched an online platform to issue electronic passes to people traveling in and out of state. Those who want to enter or leave the state must first collect an electronic pass from the official website. Those who have their own vehicle will also need electronic passes.
People who intend to enter or leave the state can log on to http://220.127.116.11/upepass2/Apply.aspx to request the e-pass. See the step-by-step application process below:
How to request the UP e-pass?
1) Open the Uttar Pradesh travel e-pass website: http://18.104.22.168/upepass2/Apply.aspx
2) Enter your mobile number, captcha code to generate a one-time password (OTP)
3) Enter the OTP and click send
4) After sending OTP, an online request form will open
5) Fill in your details such as: name, date of birth / age, sex, address, area for which the electronic pass is needed, etc.
6) You must also upload the identity document, the applicant’s photo, the type of vehicle and the vehicle number, the medical document and click send
7) Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by district authorities
8) After approval, the electronic pass with the passenger and vehicle details will be sent to the applicant by SMS and email. The e-pass can also be viewed, downloaded and printed from the website.
How to track the status of your electronic pass request?
1) Open UP’s official e-pass website – http://22.214.171.124/upepass2/Apply.aspx
2) Click on the ‘track your request’ link
3) Enter your registration number and mobile phone number to know the status of your electronic pass request
Phase 3 of the closure in India will end on May 17, 2020. Yesterday, more than 1.48 lakh people registered online for the electronic pass at UP. As of Thursday, more than 5 lakh people have registered on the portal, either to return to UP or to be allowed to go from UP to their respective states of origin.