The Trump administration’s Covid-19 test Zazar warned Wednesday that local governments could be forced to impose “drastic measures” if Americans do not begin to take security precautions seriously and the coronavirus crisis worsens.
“Wearing a mask, keeping a social distance and being careful around the holidays, we can still control this,” said Brett Giroire, assistant secretary of health on NBC’s “Today” show.
“But if we don’t do those things, it forces local officials or government officials in the states to take more drastic action because if we don’t make any changes, the case will move forward.”
Giroir, who spread the Covid-1 as epidemic in the United States at the fastest rate since the outbreak, also contradicted President Donald Trump’s repeated false claims, which have been a cause for concern in reported coronavirus cases.
“Yes, we are getting to know more cases, but the cases are really moving forward, and we know that, too, because hospital admissions are on the rise,” Giroire said. “Now, the (daily) peak was in the 70s in July, now we’re at about 42, 43,000, so we’re much less in July. But it’s going up, it’s real. And we know that sadly death is on the rise. “
Indeed, the current level of new cases is picking up at the July level, according to a recent analysis by NBC News.
About 74,000 cases were reported on Tuesday. And U.S. An average of 1,000,000 new cases are being reported every day in the past week, the highest in any seven days since the crisis began.
In other coronavirus news:
- Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner boasted in April that the president was “pulling the country back from doctors” trying to advise him on the epidemic, as journalist Bob Woodward said in his book “Rage.” “Trump is now in charge again,” Kushner said in an audio recording obtained by CNN.
- Los Angeles Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner, whose team shuddered from Tuesday’s game after testing positive for the Covid-19 after winning the World Series. Andrew Friedman, Dodgers president of the Bezab Operation of Persecution, conceded that pictures of partying instead of isolating Turner were “not good” pics. “
- U.S. Stocks on Wall Street nose-dive amid coronavirus infection rates in and reported that France and Germany have re-launched the lockdown in Europe as the second wave of the month-long.
- Trump will smash a potentially large GDP (gross domestic product) on Thursday as evidence of a “great American comeback” from the epidemic. But the new GDP numbers, which economists say are in the range of 25 to 30 percent, come after a 31.4 percent decline in the previous quarter. It is the worst economic collapse ever. “While the rise in GDP in the third quarter will be a record quarterly gain, it is not as impressive, as it is following the collapse in economic activity in the second quarter.”
- The Covid-19 case is spreading so fast in Philadelphia that the city’s contact tracing program has been unable to detect it all, the Philadelphia Inquirer said. “Recently, we haven’t been able to deliver positive tests in all cases that test positive, because we’ve seen a surge in cases,” said Hannah Lawman, operations chief of the city’s Covid County division.
- A large number of teenagers and twins have volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine test trial, NBC News reported. Critics say drug companies use babies as “guinea pigs”.
- He attacked a store security guard 27 times after he insisted on wearing a mask on two sisters in Chicago.
- The University of Wisconsin football team canceled its game Saturday in Badgers, Nebraska because dozens of team members, including six players, tested positive for the Covid-19.
Giroir’s stern words came in less than a week with Election Day and Trump, whose re-election prospects were preoccupied with a highly criticized response to his administration’s epidemic, is currently running a massive campaign in states like Wisconsin and Nebraska, which are currently hot. Is. Spots.
Trump, who signed Kovid-19 with first lady Melania Trump and her son Baron, The risk of the virus infecting 8.9 million people and killing about 228,000 continues to decline, according to the latest figures from NBC News.
“Covid, covid, covid, covid, covid, covid case,” Trump said Tuesday in Michigan before the hard-filled, mostly mask-less crowd. “Have you ever noticed that they use the word ‘case’? As is the case with Baron Trump, Sniffles, a Kleenex and those were better. “
Trump is also insisting without evidence that “we are turning the tide” on the epidemic.
Meanwhile, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy lists the Covid-19 as a battle to “defeat” the Trump administration as one of the “first-term achievements.”
“Since the onset of the Kovid-1p epidemic, the administration has taken decisive steps to educate, industry and government scientists and health professionals to understand, treat and defeat the disease,” it said.
AFL-CIO President Richard Trumpka called Trump’s management of the epidemic “backward” and said forcing the economy to reopen before the crisis was over has worsened the situation.
MSBNC But Trumpka said, “He doesn’t understand that you have to control the virus first to fix the economy.” And to control the virus you have to protect the workers so that you do not continue to spread. Viruses and hot spots continue. He thinks that, if you open the economy, everything will go away and become great for everyone. “
Trump has been accused of politicizing the issue by already refusing to step in to deal with the virus, rejecting expert advice, promoting unsafe treatment and publicizing the use of masks.
Asked by NBC’s Savannah Guthrie if she was frustrated by Trump’s mixed message about the mask, Giroire replied, “Look, I have to work like any other DX.”
“We will try to give the American people as much evidence as possible,” he said.
“And what I want to emphasize is that we will have a vaccine.” “We will have a safe and effective vaccine. It could be this month, it could be the next month, it could be December, this would not last forever. “
Dr. Anthony Fawcett, the country’s top infectious disease specialist and a frequent Trump target, made some of the points he made on Diane Rehm’s “On My Mind” podcast in an interview on Tuesday.
“We got more than 800,000 infections the next day, and on a seven-day basis, we get more than 20,000,000 infections.” “And if you look at maps of the country, counties, states and cities in which you have increased test positivity, more than 30 of those states are going in the wrong direction.”
The White House itself has not been immune. In addition to the first family, Trump had more than a dozen aides, colleagues and others come down from the infection, then Trump gathered at the Rose Garden on September 26 to present Amy Connie Barrett as his candidate for Supreme Court justice.
Fawcett said that when it comes to masks, the White House does not practice what it preaches.
“I think what we’re seeing is what the White House says to wear a mask.” The only trouble is when you see what really happens in this congregation setting, many people are not wearing masks. ”