OnePlus 7T is the latest addition to the OnePlus series of smartphones. The smartphone is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor that is paired with 8GB of RAM. It runs on Android 10 based on Oxygen OS 10.0.HD65AA which gives us many great additional features. We’ve rounded up some of the latest tips and tricks, and some hidden features of the OnePlus 7T, check it out.
OnePlus 7T tips, tricks and hidden features you should know
1) Change your icon style
Are you bored of the same old OnePlus style icons on your smartphone? If yes, this is a feature you will love. Thanks to the latest Oxygen operating system, you can now change your icons on your OnePlus 7T. It comes with 3 pre-installed icon packs, but you can download more from the web. Sounds interesting? Take a look at the steps below to see how it’s done.
- Long press on the home screen -> Startup settings -> Icon pack -> Choose your icon pack and you’re ready to go
2) Make use of reading mode
The latest OxygenOS on OnePlus 7T brings us a new feature called Reading Mode. The reading mode on the OnePlus 7T comes with two effects: mono and chromatic. The Mono effect makes you more involved in words, while the Chromatic effect gives you a more comfortable color reading experience. To activate reading mode on OnePlus 7T, all you have to do is:
- To go Configurations -> Monitor -> Reading mode -> Activate reading mode and choose an effect.
3) Quick start apps with on-screen fingerprint scanner
You can also use the fingerprint scanner on OnePlus 7T to launch your favorite applications. All you need to do is press and hold the fingerprint scanner on the screen until you see the app shortcut. Sounds good right? Take a look at the steps below to see how it’s done.
- To go Configurations -> Utilities -> Fast food -> Turn on the slider.
In addition to this, you can also customize the shortcuts and applications you want to launch with your fingerprint scanner. Just go to Shortcut Settings and add all your favorite apps and shortcuts.
4) Take a quick screenshot with three finger screenshots
Are you bored of simultaneously pressing the volume down + power button to take screenshots on your phone? If so, you will love the next feature in OnePlus 7T. With the three-finger screenshots on OnePlus 7T, all you have to do is swipe down three fingers on the screen and it will quickly take a screenshot. To enable three-finger screenshot, all you have to do is:
- To go Configurations -> Buttons and gestures -> Quick gestures -> Activate the three finger screenshot slider.
5) Use dual apps
Today, everyone in India is using multiple accounts for most of the major applications and websites available on the web. As much as we love having dual accounts, we hate logging in and out every time we want to change our account. To overcome that, OnePlus 7T comes with a parallel app feature that allows you to run two apps of the same type. To use parallel apps on OnePlus 7T, all you have to do is:
- To go Configurations -> Utilities -> Parallel applications -> Create an application clone by activating the slider.
6) Quickly open the camera
Looking for a faster way to open your camera? If yes, this function will be useful for you. With the Quick Turn on Camera feature on OnePlus 7T, you can open your camera by pressing the Power button twice. Sounds good right? Here’s how to enable it:
- To go Configurations -> Buttons and gestures -> Turn on the camera’s Quick Power On slider.
7) Get the photo with the OnePlus watermark on your images
If you’re following OnePlus on Instagram or Facebook, I’m sure you must have seen those images with the “Shot on OnePlus Watermark”. If you want to get that watermark on the images you click on, there is an easy way to do it. All you have to do is:
- Open the camera app -> Settings -> Shooting in OnePlus Watermark -> Toggle the slider to enable it.
You can also add your name to the watermark. Take a look at the screenshots below to see how it’s done.
8) Make use of navigation gestures
Using the navigation buttons is now too common. With OnePlus 7T, you can use navigation gestures to move around on your smartphone. Swipe up from the bottom center edge of the screen to go to the home screen. Swipe in from the left or right side of the bottom of the screen to go back. Swipe up from the bottom center edge of the screen and pause the recent apps menu.
To enable navigation gestures in OnePlus 7T, all you have to do is:
- To go Configurations -> Buttons and gestures -> Navigation bar and gestures -> and select Navigation gestures.
9) Make use of app blocking
Privacy is important to all of us and therefore blocking our apps becomes important to protect our apps and data from outsiders. With OnePlus 7T, App Lock already comes as a built-in feature, and therefore you don’t have to download any third-party apps from the Play Store. To use App Lock on OnePlus 7T, all you have to do is:
- To go Configurations -> Utilities -> App Locker -> Select applications for encryption.
10) Show your battery percentage and network speed in real time in the status bar
OnePlus 7T does not display battery rate and real-time network speed by default, but there is a simple way to enable it. To see your battery rate and network speed in your status bar, all you have to do is:
- To go Configurations -> Monitor -> Status bar -> Turn on battery percentage and network speed slider
Take a look at the screenshots below to see how it’s done.
So that’s it for this one. Before you go, be sure to check out our OnePlus 7T Review by clicking here. If you want more articles like this let us know in the comments below.