Tencent exhibited SYN, a technical demonstration of a “globally marketed first-person shooter game for PC and console,” during its annual Tencent Games press conference.
Here is an overview of the technical demo, via video:
Welcome to Tencent Games ‘Lightspeed and Quantum Studios’ SYN, a technical demonstration for an open-world first-person shooter game for PC and console marketed worldwide. Everything you see in this demo is not final. We try to drive next-generation graphics in real time in a cyberpunk-style world with an intriguing universe and amazing visual effects.
Our characters are realistic, yet elegant, with various customization features including extremely realistic cosmetics, masks, and effects accomplished with our strand-based hair system through cooperation with Epic Games.
Players can choose to play as one of the three factions along with their own cyber pet, each with their own unique traits and customizable traits.
Our immersive character and vehicle selection and customization process takes place within our open-world universe, so characters can interact with their surroundings even as users modify them in real time.
Check out the technical demo below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged at Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting
- Stay on topic.
- No driving comments, including trolling, bait, or fucking post.
- Know when not to comment. If you don’t mind a topic, you don’t need to comment.
- There are no offensive comments.. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or slanderous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- Do not beg for ports.
- There are no console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (not just naked). For example:
Woe to Leomon!Specify the subject of the content outside the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful to other commenters.. They do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter doesn’t follow this simple tag, don’t continue the conversation, just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comment without prior notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.