New satellite images of the disputed Himalayan border area between China and India show evidence that China has been increasing its military presence after a clash that left 20 Indian soldiers dead earlier this month.
CHINA LAUNCHES 10 DAYS OF INDIAN SOLDIERS AFTER THE CLOSURE OF DEADLY BORDERS
The military commanders of both countries agreed to withdraw their forces in the Galwan Valley region of Ladakh territory after the attack on June 15. But recent images from June 22 show new Chinese bunkers, tents and storage units that were not there before earlier in the month, Reuters reported.
The images from space technology company Maxar are dated the same day China and India reached a tentative agreement since the violent confrontation.
Indian army officials in New Delhi said satellite images have yet to be verified, according to reports from Tribune India.
Still, India claims that China’s structures are on its side of the Current Line of Control, a demarcation that both countries have struggled for three decades.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP
China has said it controls the entire territory in the Galwan Valley and that it was provoked by Indian troops, prompting the most recent clash.