Marine officer relieved of command after a trained accident that resulted in the death of 9

A lieutenant colonel on Mars was relieved by Tuesday’s order after he killed nine U.S. members off the coast of California in late July, the military said.

Commanding Officer of the Battalion Landing Team, 1st Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, Lt. Col. Michael J., told Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.

Eight Marines and a Navy sailor were killed on July 30 when they sank after a bilateral attack on the shores of San Clemente Island off the coast of Southern California.

I. Marine Expeditionary Force Commanding Lieutenant General Carsten S. Heckle has relieved Regner of the loss of confidence and trust in his ability to command as a result of the attacking bilateral vehicle accident. Statement.

The Marine Base statement said an investigation into the crash was ongoing.

A remote-controlled vehicle has been deployed off the coast of Southern California on August 3, 2020, in search of a submarine attack vehicle.Curtis Open by AP / US Navy

A Marine who died recovered after a training accident. The bodies of eight other service members were found in early August. The amphibious attack vehicle was found in 385 feet of water, the military said.

Overall, 15 Marines and one sailor were aboard the Amphibious Assault vehicle when it began taking water at 5:45 p.m. on July 30th.

Lieutenant General Joseph L. Osterman said at the time that they were pointing to the rest of the unit. He said there were two amphibian attack vehicles and a safety boat nearby. Osterman said all the Marines had flotation devices, and some of the gears they rescued were successfully found bobbing with the Tehenat.

He then said the 26-ton vehicle sank in “several hundred feet of water” more than 1,000 meters off the northwest corner of the island.

A search and rescue operation was launched for any survivors, but was stopped after a 40-hour extended search, the military said at the time.