These are the instructions for using Marvell SWDownloader to Flash or installing Firmware on devices with Marvell Chipset technology.
Caution: Blinking or installing firmware using the Marvell Flash Tool will erase the data on the device. Therefore, we recommend that you make a backup of your data before using the Flash tool.
Install the .blf firmware using the Marvell SWDownloader
- Download and install the Marvell USB driver on the computer (if in case the Marvell drivers are already installed, then SKIP This step).
- Download Stock Firmware (.blf based) from your Marvell device (if in case you have already downloaded Stock Firmware, skip this step or else you can find .blf based Stock Firmware in FirmwareFile or via Google).
- Now, Extract Marvell SWDownloader tool on the computer (assuming you have already downloaded it, if not, download the Marvell SWDownloader Tool). Once you have extracted the tool, you will see the following files:
- Now, Open SWDownloader.exe to launch the tool:
- Once Marvell SWDownloader starts, you will see the following screen:
- Now, Click Open Button:
- Locate the firmware .blf on the computer (assuming you have already downloaded the firmware of your device to the computer) and Click Open Button:
- Now, Click start Button:
- Press Volume Down + Connect your Marvell device to the computer using the USB cable (make sure the device is turned off):
- Once the tool detects the device, the firmware installation process will begin and may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the installation process is complete, you will see the HAPPEN message in the tool.
- Now, Close Marvell SWDownloader and Disconnect the Marvell device of the computer.
Congratulations! Now, Restart your mobile device and you can use it.
Read me once:
[*] Caution: Flickering or firmware installation with Marvell SWDownloader will erase personal data from the device. Therefore, please make a backup before using the Tool to install the Firmware on your Marvell Device.
[*] Alternative tool: MarvellSwUpgrade C Tool is the best alternative, which also allows you to update or install .blf firmware on mobile devices.
[*] Marvell USB Driver: If you are looking for the original Marvell USB driver, go to the Marvell Driver page.
[*] Credits: Marvell SWDownloader is created and distributed by Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Therefore, full credit is given for sharing the Application for free.