- The iPhone SE may be new, but it may have problems in the future.
- Some of these issues, such as freezing, can be remedied by forced restart
- Here’s how to force restart the iPhone SE 2020
The iPhone SE 2020 may be new, but there may come a time when users will have to force restart or force restart. These are the times when the device hangs or freezes, and it doesn’t respond to any touch on the screen or press the buttons.
When these times come, it will be good to know how to force restart the device. Here we’ll explain to you how to do it.
A change in methods.
While the original iPhone SE, as well as iPhone models of the iPhone 6s / 6s Plus and earlier, can be forced to reset simply by pressing the Home and Power / Sleep / Wake buttons for a period of time, it doesn’t work the same way ever again. Apple changed the way to force the device to shutdown and restart starting with iPhone 7, and also when it introduced Face ID on iPhone X.
In addition to changing the way a hard reset, forced reset, or full reset is performed, Apple also renamed the power / sleep / wake button to the “side” button, iPhoneHacks noted. IPhone SE users, particularly those who upgraded from the older iPhone SE or another older iPhone, will do well to remember it for this tutorial.
Here’s how to Force Restart / Force Restart / Force Restart on an iPhone SE 2020:
- First, users must press and release Turn up the volume button quickly
- Second, after that, users need to press and release the Lower volume button quickly too.
- Third, users must press and hold Side button (before Energy / sleep / wakefulness button).
- Fourth, when the “Slide to Power Off” button appears on the screen, users should ignore it and continue pressing the side button until the Apple logo appears.
This will force iPhone SE to shutdown and restart. It will display the familiar “Swipe up to unlock” message on the screen when it finishes restarting.
This process will assist iPhone SE users whose phones are unresponsive or frozen for whatever reason. The device is still new at this point, and users shouldn’t expect to force it to reboot soon. That said, this process will be useful in the event of such a situation.