Updated: May 11, 2020 9:52:33 pm
IRCTC Train Ticket Reservation: Indian Railways Gradually resume passenger train services from tomorrow, May 12. The Interior Ministry issued a standard operating procedure (SOP) that clearly states that only confirmed and asymptomatic ticket holders will be able to travel on trains in the middle of the shutdown.
In particular, passengers will be able to book tickets only through an online medium using the IRCTC website and mobile application. No one may reserve tickets at the Indian Railways counters. It is mandatory for all passengers must wear a mask or face mask and undergo screening at the time of departure. Indian Railways has confirmed that only asymptomatic passengers will be able to board the train.
Reservations started at 4 PM today, May 11. However, the IRCTC website was blocked and showed “Wrong! Following COVID 19 and as an abundant precautionary measure, booking on this route has been suspended for all trains until further notice.- (500162)” – this message.
Reservations should resume soon and people will be able to book tickets only through the IRCTC website and app. The mobile application is available in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
How to book train tickets using the IRCTC website:
* Open a web browser and type irctc.co.in.
* After visiting the IRCTC website, click the “Register” button in the upper right corner of the website to create an IRCTC account.
* You will then need to enter your details, such as username, password, preferred language, name, date of birth, mobile phone number, email address, address and more. After completing the details, you must accept the terms and conditions. Then click the sign up button to create your IRCTC account.
* Existing users can click the login button displayed on the home page. Then enter username> password> captcha code> click Login.
Also read: IRCTC Ticket Reservation: Complete list of special trains that will operate from tomorrow
* Then you must enter the origin and destination> select the date of the trip> coach class> click on the “Search for trains” option.
Note: Currently, trains will only run from New Delhi station to 15 destinations including Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah, Patna, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Secunderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madgaon, Central Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Jammu Tawi. . Trains will return from destination as well.
* Then select the train on which you want to reserve a seat from the displayed list and also the coach class. Indian Railways has clearly stated that these trains will only have AC carriages.
* Click to verify seat availability and fares on that particular train.
* If seats are available, you must proceed to reserve your ticket. Click on the Reserve Now option> fill in your details such as name, age, gender and berth preference.
Also read: IRCTC to provide meals to homeless people stuck due to confinement
* IRCTC will provide you with an option to reserve the ticket only if confirmed berths are assigned.
* Scroll down and enter mobile number and captcha code. Click the Continue Booking option.
* Then you must make the payment. Select your payment option> choose the preferred option of credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI and others.
* After making the payment, you can download the ticket. You will also receive an SMS on your phone number.
How to book train tickets using the IRCTC mobile app:
The process is more or less the same for the IRCTC application as well. First, create an IRCTC account: follow the same process as the website. To book train tickets using the IRCTC mobile application, these are the steps to follow.
* Download and open the app on your phone and then click on login option> enter your user ID, password and captcha code.
Also read: IRCTC shares gain 2.65 percent by signing a memorandum of understanding with the hospitality body
* Then touch the option “Plan my trip” and enter the origin and destination stations, select the date and touch Search for trains.
* Select trains> type of coach> check availability> enter passenger details.
* Make the payment by selecting the payment method that suits you best. Available options are credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI and more> complete payment. You can download the ticket.
All passengers must ensure they arrive at the origin station 90 minutes before the train departure time.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
For the latest technology news, download the Indian Express app.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd