EPFO | EPFO alert: know how to request refunds under PMGKY



EPFO alert: know how to request refunds under PMGKY

EPFO alert: know how to request refunds at PMGKY & nbsp

New Delhi: Good news for those employers who want to receive benefit reimbursements under the government’s flagship scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY). Employers who have referred during the month of March prior to the deployment of this facility may be pleased that the facility has been extended to provide relief in the wake of the national blockade due to the Covid 19 pandemic.

EPFO today shared the online procedure for receiving reimbursement of benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) scheme for establishments that had submitted for March 2020 prior to deployment of the facility.

Here’s how employers can request:

1. Log in to the Unified Employer Portal with username and password
2. Click on the PMGKY Refund Registration option
3. If your Form 5A is already certified, you can see the form and the bank details of the establishment. If your information in the form is correct, complete the establishment column
4. Click on ‘OK’ and ‘Send’

If Form 5A does not have essential details along with bank details, fill in other details and bank account. Certify Form 5A and then:

1. Go to the home page and click on ‘PMGKY Refund Registration’
2. Form 5A will now be displayed along with bank details
3. Click on the establishment column.
4. Click Accept and Submit

Once you complete the process successfully, a message will be displayed on your screen saying ‘The refund request has been sent successfully’. According to EPFO, the progress claims to combat the COVID-19 pandemic are being processed with priority considering the exigencies of the situation. The time to process other types of claims is 20 days.

It is worth mentioning that to avoid interruptions in the employment of employees with low wages and support
establishments employing up to 100 employees, EPF contributions from full employees (12% of wages) and EPF and EPS contributions from employers (12% of wages), totaling 24% of monthly wages for three months They will be paid directly by the government in the EPF accounts of employees, who are already members of the EPF Scheme, 1952, with wages below Rs 15,000 per month and employees in establishments, already covered by the EPF & MP Law, 1952, which they employ up to one hundred employees, with 90% or more of such employees earning less than Rs 15,000 of monthly wages.