Colorado shooting: Boulder police officer killed in grocery massacre, officials say

Boulder police said no one but that officer shot Eric Tally when he and other officers began stopping the gunman at the King Soaps store, after 911 so-called witnesses, Boulder police said.

Boulder Police made the comments on Twitter, responding to comments that “were made by some people in our community who questioned the response time of our officers.”

“We think it’s important to share that Officer Tally led the officers’ liaison team to the store within 30 seconds of arriving at the scene,” the department said. To tweet Reads.
“The suspect then shot the officers, killed Officer Tally, and fired at the officers until he was taken into custody. No one else was shot or killed after these brave officers kept the suspect busy,” the department’s account said. Reads.
Ignore the tweets when the 911 call started, and when the police arrived at the store. Police had earlier said officers were dispatched around 2:40 a.m. Monday, and that officers arrived “in minutes.”
A gunman opened fire inside and outside the supermarket That afternoon, 10 people, including telly, store workers and shopkeepers – were killed as scores fled or went into hiding.
Ahmed al-Alvi Alisa, 21, of the Denver suburb of Arvada, was arrested from the store after a gun exchange with police.
The police officer killed in the Boulder supermarket shooting was the father of 7
Alyssa has been charged with 10 counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder. According to court documents, Elisa has been charged with attempted murder by firing on a separate police officer.
The county district attorney said in the “next few weeks” that he expects to file more charges of attempted murder, arising from allegations that Elisa fired other officers.

Police said they are still trying to determine the motive in the shooting.

The people killed on Monday were: Tally, 51; Store manager Ricky Olds, 25; Store employee Danny Stong, 20; Store employee Teri Liqueur, 51; Neven Stanisk, 23; Tralona “Lona” Bartkovic, 49; Suzanne Fountain, 59; Kevin Mahoney, 61; Lynn Murray, 62; And Jodi Waters, 65.
A procession of vehicles carrying the body of Efisar Eric Tally leaves Boulder on Wednesday.

The shop owner says the suspect went through a background check when buying a gun.

The owner of the Colorado gun shop said Friday that Elisa passed a background check before purchasing a weapon used in the massacre.
Alyssa used a Roger AR-566 in the shooting, and she bought it on March 16, days before the massacre, a senior law enforcement source told CNN on condition of anonymity.

“We are completely shocked by what happened and our hearts are broken for the victims and the families behind them,” John Mark Igletton, owner of the Eagles Nest Armory in Arwada, said in a statement.

The gun shop will continue to fully co-operate with investigators, Igleton said.

Ahmed Al Alvi, 21, appeared in the first court on Thursday in Alyssa Boulder.

“It is legitimate to ensure that every sale that takes place at our store is always done and will always be a top priority for our business,” the statement said.

“Regarding the weapons in question, the buyer’s background check was conducted as required by Colorado law and was approved for sale by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.”

A law enforcement source previously told CNN that nothing in the federal system could stop Elisa from passing a background check and buying a firearm.

Court documents and a police report state that after assaulting a high school class student a year ago, the suspect pleaded guilty to a felony count of third-degree assault in 2018. He has been sentenced to one year probation, 48 hours of community service and an angry response treatment, court documents said.

‘Why that King Supers? Why Boulder? Why monday ‘

Boulder County District Attorney Michael Dugarty said Friday that the raid was intended to exclude investigators.

“I think the families of the victims and the community are keen to know the motive,” he told reporters. “We want to know the purpose. And he is focusing our efforts. It remains to be seen whether we can decide that further.”

Boulder police used the handcuffs of a murdered officer to detain a suspect

Boulder Police Chief Maris Harold said: “Why the King Sopers? Why Boulder? Why Monday? Unfortunately, at this point, we don’t have the answers yet.”

Appearing in Elisa’s first court appearance on Thursday, one of her defense attorneys asked the judge to adjourn the next hearing for a week because the defense needed time to assess what she called her client’s mental illness.
The attorney was not elaborate. However, investigators are investigating possible mental health questions in the case, a law enforcement official told CNN on condition of anonymity.
Alyssa’s brother also told CNN earlier this week that Alyssa was suffering from a mental illness.

Presiding Judge, Thomas F. Mulwahil agreed to set the next hearing in “about 60 to 90 days”.

The suspect was moved from the county jail after the threats

A prison official told CNN that Alyssa was moved out of the county jail after officials from other inmates became aware of the “threats” against her.

He was evacuated early Wednesday, according to Boulder County Jail Division Chief Jeff Goetz.

Alyssa was never in direct contact with the inmates and was not harmed, but other inmates were asking about her and making threats, Goetz says. These questions were drawn to other officers.

CNN’s Travis Caldwell, Samira Saeed, Ray Sanchez, Keith Allen and Konstantin Toropin contributed to the report.