- You can download HBO Go shows on your mobile device to watch them without WiFi or cellular service later through the mobile app.
- Not all HBO Go shows and movies are available for download, but those that do will have an arrow mark on the title thumbnail preview.
- HBO Go shows are available for viewing up to 48 hours after download.
- Visit the Business Insider home page for more stories.
Streaming platforms have made those long flights without WiFi, weekend camping trips without service, and subway trips without a signal much more bearable through the “download” feature of their mobile apps.
HBO Go, the cable network transmission platform for TV provider subscribers, is among them. The HBO Go app for phones and tablets allows you to download shows and movies to watch at home or anywhere without the Internet or cellular service.
Those who prefer to watch streaming quality without interruptions can have up to 15 HBO Go titles added to their download list at once. Once added, content will be available for up to 48 hours after download before it expires.
Not all programs and movies are available for download. To find out what you can add to your download library, check to see if there is a download icon, indicated by a down arrow, next to the title. You must also have a current HBO subscription through your TV provider that is not in a trial period to download movies and shows through HBO Go’s mobile and tablet apps.
Take a look at the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $ 699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (from $ 859.99 at Walmart)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (from $ 149.99 at Best Buy)
How to download HBO Go movies and shows to your phone or tablet
one) While connected to your internet or mobile network, open your HBO Go app and log in.
2) Search the HBO Go library and select the title you want to download.
3) Touch the transposed down arrow on the thumbnail image of the movie or show.
4) Go to the MY HBO section of the app and tap MY DOWNLOADS to see all available titles to watch.
5) Select the one you want to watch and start streaming.