On Wednesday morning, Dave Castro posted a letter to affiliate owners on Instagram announcing that CrossFit Inc. will be sold to a ten-year-old affiliate owner and founder of CrossFit Sanitas in Boulder, CO. Roza is also the former senior vice president and general manager of Oracle Data Cloud.
A great thing: After several tumultuous weeks, CrossFit HQ has been working to correct course and respond to calls from the community and elite athletes to make dramatic changes at the top of the organization. Greg Glassman, who sells his 100% stake in CrossFit, is an important step toward rebuilding trust in the much-loved global fitness brand.
The details: Dave Castro’s Instagram post revealed important details about the changes that will follow for sale to CrossFit Inc. in the coming weeks.
- “Once the deal is closed next month, he [Eric Roza] He will be the new owner and CEO of CrossFit, and I am excited to partner with him when we enter this next stage, ”Castro wrote.
- “Eric knows what it’s like to run a box in difficult times. He has faced the same problems with payroll and rent during COVID-19, and knows how to deal with difficult problems in the press, “he continued.
- “He also knows how to build great and inclusive workplaces, with Datalogix making Outside magazine’s list of the best places to work,” he concluded.
Roza will host a YouTube Live event at 12:30 p.m. PST to introduce herself to CrossFit affiliates.
From Greg Glassman’s statement on Twitter: “I started a company with some essential and elegant truths that no one could, or perhaps would say. It resulted in the fastest growing chain in world history. It did so well and became so popular that it has grown into something much bigger than I could have hoped for. ”
- “The world has changed, but the magnificent human machine, CrossFit’s proven benefits and market opportunity remain unchanged. It is time for the founder to say goodbye and find other creative means. “
- “I have full faith that Eric Roza, owner of CrossFit Sanitas, can effectively guide CrossFit Inc in this new world.”
From Eric Roza’s Instagram statement: “Dear CrossFit Community: Since I discovered CrossFit 10 years ago, it has changed my life, and I am deeply honored to have the opportunity to lead CrossFit through your next chapter as CEO and Owner, after the close of next month.”
- “As a box owner and athlete, I have experienced the transformative power of CrossFit and the shared bond it creates between people of different races, genders, ages, ethnicities, income, education, and physical abilities. That magic, created by our affiliated owners, coaches, and athletes in 158 countries around the world, is real. And I think it makes the world a better place. “
- “In the past few weeks, the divisive statements and allegations have left many members of our community struggling to reconcile our transformative experiences in the local box with what we have been reading online.”
- “My point of view is simple: racism and sexism are abominable and will not be tolerated in CrossFit. We open our arms to everyone, and I will work hard to rebuild bridges with those whose trust we have lost. ”
- “I come with deep humility and I realize that we have a lot of work to do. I am committed to listening, I am committed to learning, and I am committed to leading positive change. Above all, I am committed to CrossFit and to you as a member of our community. “
- “If you are committed to the future of CrossFit and have ideas, I want to hear from you. And if you loved CrossFit and got lost along the way, I want to regain your trust and partnership. Please contact me at [email protected]”
Get the newsletter
For a daily summary of all things CrossFit. Community, athletes, tips, recipes, offers and more.