The | New Delhi |
Updated: October 7, 2019 5:48:11 pm
Apple recently released iOS 13 for all of its devices and the update features some amazing features. Many are important features you already know, such as Dedicated Dark Mode and Apple’s first Swipe keyboard, while others are small and hidden that you may not know. I’ve been using iPhone 11 with iOS 13, and here are some tips and tricks that every iPhone owner should know.
(Please note that these tips work in older iPhone modes, as long as your device is running on the latest Apple mobile operating system)
1. Activate dark mode
Apple has finally added a native dark mode that displays darker colors and backgrounds. Not only can it save battery life, but it’s also easier on the eyes, especially on an airplane, when you don’t want the other person sitting next to you to be bothered by your bright screen. However, dark mode is not enabled by default.
It is very easy to disable dark mode. You can do it from the control center with a dedicated button.
* Simply swipe down from the top of the iPhone screen to open the control center.
* Touch and hold the screen brightness button.
* Tap “Dark Mode” at the bottom left.
In addition, you can also program the dark mode to turn off and on at a specific time of day. Here we’ll explain to you how to do it.
* Touch Screen and brightness.
* In appearance, select light or dark mode.
* Activate automatic configuration.
* Touch the custom schedule or set the Dark mode to automatically activate based on the time of day.
2. Make websites easier to read
When you start Safari and open a website (for example, indianexpress.com), you will find a new display menu in the search bar, indicated by two As’s (a smaller A and a larger A). Tap this and you will be able to increase or decrease the text size on the website you are currently browsing, request the desktop version of a website instead of the mobile version, enable the website reader view and check the settings from the website.
3. The new QuickPatch sliding keyboard
Slider keyboards have been on Android for years and even through third-party iOS keyboards. But with iOS 13, Apple is adding the ability to type by sliding keyboard keys. Apple calls it QuickPatch, and it’s a lot of fun to use. Here we show you how to enable it.
* Go to settings
* Tap General
* Enter keyword.
* Touch Scroll down and type the lever to Swipe to write.
4. Hide your app locations
iOS 13 is getting a new feature that makes you aware of how apps are tracking you. This is a useful feature because there are many applications that constantly use Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or cellular to determine your exact location, even when it’s not necessary. You can manually adjust this by following these steps:
* Go to settings.
* Choose Privacy.
* Open location services.
* Tap any app (eg Facebook). Once you choose an app, you get four options: Never, Allow next time, While using the app, and Always. In this way, you can change the permission of each application. Now, the next time the app wants to access your location, you will be prompted again.
5. Connect two pairs of AirPods with an iPhone
Yes, it is now possible to connect two pairs of AirPods or Powerbeats Pro to the same iPhone. This feature is useful when a friend of yours is sitting next to you on the same flight and you both have agreed to watch Season 5 of House of Cards.
You will have to configure the new pair of AirPods with the iPhone before sharing music. Here we’ll explain to you how to do it.
* Put the other AirPods or Powerbeats Pro in their charging case.
* Open Settings app and tap on Bluetooth button.
* Press and hold the pairing button on the back of the charging box.
* Touch the pair of Guest AirPods when they appear under other devices.
* Start playing music.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
For the latest technology news, download the Indian Express app.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd