Riot Games has adapted its Leauge of Legends MOBA universe in a quality card fighting game called Legends of Runeterra.
As you discover the many Champions, Guardians, and Spells cards in the game, you’ll need to use them well within your custom decks and take them into battle against all kinds of AI and human enemies. A highly strategic card fighter like this is deep and full of complexities that beginner players may have a hard time understanding at first. This tips guide will introduce you to a series of tips that will push you in the right direction towards victory. It’s time for you to get off the winning side more often and become a Legends of Runeterra Teacher!
Here are the top five tips, tricks, and tricks you should know for Legends of Runeterra:
Download the Legends of Runeterra APK here.
1. Take part in each bonus challenge before taking on human players
• Once you have completed the required tutorials given to you when you first started Legends of Runeterra, do not rush to face human players. To get an idea of what each deck is capable of and how each type of card can benefit you in battle, be sure to complete each and every challenge the game throws at you.
• These challenges are focused on each deck type and break down each type of situation that may arise during a future match against a fellow player. Once you have overcome all those bonus challenges, spend some time playing games against the AI, while your chances of losing against computer controlled opponents are quite low, you will still want to compete with them, since you can test your custom decks and strategies in a much safer way. Take time to learn the ins and outs of this game by completing challenges, score a few wins against the AI, and then you’re ready to throw your hat in the ring for some ranked / normal player matches.
2. Use those first rounds to build an army of powerful attackers
• Legends of Runterra gives players numerous League of Legends regions to build decks and various cards to fight in battle. The first rounds of a battle should be used to increase your ranks of heroes by summoning them to the field when you have the necessary points to do so. For example, the Buff and Tuff deck features a collection of character cards that have the ability to increase the attack / defense stats of their allies. This type of deck is packed with many strong warriors, so it’s worth keeping them safe while you wait for your chance to draw an ally strengthening card that can make those strong warriors that much more formidable.
• The spell and stealth deck is excellent, as it allows you to use evasive characters that can attack directly and not be blocked by an enemy enemy. You will really need to take your time building your attack army with this deck so that you can launch a full assault with multiple evasive characters – you can overwhelm your enemy with a series of direct attacks from evasive characters that cannot be blocked. When you decide to build your own deck, make sure you have a character and a spell card of each type within it to give you an extra edge in every battle you enter.
3. Do everything in your power to boost the attack / defense traits of your champions who can level up
• The most powerful character cards in Legends of Runeterra They are the ones with the power to level up after certain battle conditions are met. Garen falls under that type of card: After hitting an enemy on the opposing player’s side twice, level up and further aid your efforts by adding a champion spell to your deck.
• Once you have summoned an upgradeable hero, you will need to adapt your strategy to gain a chance to level up. Let’s say you summon a Tryndamere: level up when he dies. So every time a player decides to attack you with a character card with high attack / defense stats, use Tryndamere to block that card’s attack. An attack by a strong enemy that would generally completely kill a weaker card will actually enhance Tryndamere instead and make it even more powerful during your turn. Learn about what it takes to level up the Champions in your deck so you can finally perform a rare move by having several of them level up at once during a single battle. Placing multiple level champions on the field alongside Guardians and fellow allies for one great attack is definitely a game-winning strategy.
4. Sometimes it is not worth attacking or blocking during a round: take direct damage as you focus on strengthening your warriors and conserving your mana for spells
• If your opponent feels the need to attack you directly, it is sometimes worth absorbing that direct damage. You’re in the long run when it comes to earning a Legends of Runeterra showdown, so the first blows you take really shouldn’t make you worry too much. When you have a chance to launch an attack from the beginning, you should only commit to that action when your enemy has nothing to defend it or place a character card in your path with lower attack / defense stats than your attacking character card.
• As new rounds begin, you will earn more card summons and mana points. This means that you will have the opportunity to summon stronger cards and activate spells during the rounds of each game. Just imagine how much better you will be when you finally have enough points to summon Cithra The Bold, who gives her attacking allies +1 | +1 and can take advantage of the Fearsome ability (this means that the character type can only be blocked by enemies with three or more attacks). Fearsome type characters work very well in combination with Challenger cards: Challenger cards can choose which enemy unit card they can deal with. This means that you can choose to kill character cards with an attack stat of less than three with a Challenger type, while your Fearsome character cards can attack the opposing player directly if they don’t have any strong character cards to defend them.
5. Familiarize yourself with the types of spell cards
• Remember that you have access to a mana pool that is primarily used to activate spell cards. Speaking of spells, make sure you’re in tune with the type of spells you can use. Please note that slow spell cards cannot be played in opposition to other spell cards, while fast spell cards can be played in response to other spell cards, except for burst spell cards. And finally, Burst spell cards can only be opposed by Burst spell cards from an opposing player. Some of the best spell cards to include in your deck from the start are Radiant Strike, En Garde, and Take Heart.